Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Love Duct Tape

Duct tape makes me giddy...a little too giddy.  I knew from the moment I saw a baby duct taped to a wall online that I had a problem.  The words that came out of my mouth were, "That is terrible!" but the thought in the back of my mind was...but soooo cool.  Look how secure that is...and that kid is happy!  Who wouldn't be happy?  It's duct tape!!!  I'm always on a quest for all things duct tape and when I saw this free purse pattern that Craft Gossip featured from Nette Vivante I knew that is had duct tape written all over it.  Here is the link.  This is the picture that caught my eye. 


Be sure to visit the link and grab the free printable pattern and instructions.

  So I printed the pattern and I sat down in front of the tv last night and put together a purse.  Here is my duct tape version.

 

Cute right?  Can you tell the inside is red.  I kinda love it.  Of course not everyone can pull it off.  Being over 30 I probably shouldn't try but I probably will.  The outside pocket was my idea.  I think if I were to sew a version of this purse I would do the pocket.  I just made it deeper than the decoration the pattern came with.  My phone is kinda big so I wanted to make sure it wouldn't fall out.  I'm going to make some changes to the pattern and then I'm going to make a zebra and hot pink one.  Then I'm thinking a really big pool bag.  What is better than a duct tape pool bag?

0 comments:

Post a Comment